The Hayward Area is surrounded by beautiful lakes, thousands of acres of National Forest, superbly maintained trails for hiking and biking, and several organizations that support these activities.
- American Birkebeiner Trail
- Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA) – This system of trails provides a wide variety of trails including off-road, gravel and paved routes for all levels of enjoyment.
- Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival
- Hayward Library Fall Century Bike Tour
- New Moon Ski & Bike Shop
- North Country Trail
- Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest
- Riverbrook Bike & Ski
- Up North Guided Tours, LLC
Hiking in the Hayward Area
Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest
The Hayward Area is surrounded by beautiful trails and lakes and thousands of acres of National Forest.
Hike beautiful Hayward Wisconsin area lakes. For more information on Hayward Area hiking trails please visit the USDAFS Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest website and scroll down to the “Chequamegon Side” of the page.